Friday, August 3, 2012

That was fun and instructive!

Ok, it is just a "childish" effect but does it mean you should snob it? Actually every picture for which you try to do a bit more then pressing the trigger can teach you something and it worked for me.

1st, we saw it already, I saw the dramatic difference the sun can do. Ok, everybody knows it, but there is still a gap between knowing and experiencing something.

2nd, the angle in which you shoot. To give this "model" effect I had to be over my subjects as if the would be Playmobils seen by the eyes of the child playing with them. It made me see the city I live in since a while now from a new perspective. And this was fun.

3. I took consciousness of the difference between an eye and a camera. Indeed, I had to be careful not to show buildings in their integrality because then the walls start not to be streight any more. Phenomena that exists for a camera that doesn't have a real "Tilt" lense but not for the eye. This comes from the fact that our eyes are round so our "lenses" and our "sensor" have opposite shapes, but this is not the case of a camera that has a flat sensor... Hehe, I even thought about anatomy... not that bad, what do you think ?

So for my shots I had to be over my subject, to avoid strong light, and to be careful with the buldings in background of the subject. One picture tho doesn't obey to these rules (or at least not to all of them) but the result is still quiet good. It is the panorama of Prague. I think that the result is not bad because 1.the shadows are not very visible 2.if not really "over" the scene, I am still quiet high 3.I am really far of the buildings so the distortions are not visible and 4. trees always look superb for this kind of pictures, I find them so fake (lol).

So you see, who cares what you're shooting... as long as you do.

In the next post I will show you some other shots I took. They are not in my "Challenge pictures" neither are they really miniature shots, they are just little experiences I did while trying to shot my miniatures.

Quiet late now... broubrou.

No comments:

Post a Comment