Sunday, July 15, 2012

Metrostairwayflora - The Making of...

As it is raining outside, I have a bit of extra time for my blog. So, here are the story and the steps of this shot :

The story:

I saw two very interesting stairways' pictures these last weeks and I think they inspired me. The first one is a shot of Eric Kim (that you can see here http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2011/02/street-photography-interview-on-shuttersalt/ ) and the second one is a snap from "ph5050" on Flickr (here it is http://www.flickr.com/photos/76342081@N06/6850695145/in/faves-81607369@N04/ ). I love the reflexions on the "stairs sides" on Mr. Kim's picture and the SciFi atmosphere of ph5050's picture. That's for the story of what inspired me that shot. I should actually add the fact that there was this girl doing this position just in front of me too... The charme of Street photography, sometimes things just happen.


The different steps:

The picture as you can see it is quite far from the original shot, so let's see how it evolved.


(click to enlarge)

1. the original file
2. picture's straightening, light and contrast corrections
3. overlay of the same picture but in BLACK & WHITE to "boost" it
4. horizontal flip, mask layer and blur effects to "dramatize" the scene and put the focus on the subject
5. a "bluish" color filter to give it a "space odyssey" look and here we have our final image!

No comments:

Post a Comment