Thursday, July 19, 2012

The cone'helicious story

Walking to work (already the second picture I take on this journee...) I saw this lovely, creepy cone. It was slightly raining and the colors were so beautiful that I decided not to edit this picture. But once at home, when I uploaded the file to my computer... OMG, no contrast, not much brightness neither: a flat photo actually.
So I turned on my little "pocket b..." and wow: a very nice looking picture! on the S95 the picture looked really great.

So I finally edited it, trying to get as close as possible to my S95's screen colors, contrast, brightness and sharpness. It took me about half of dozen tries but I am really happy with the one posted here.

I just added a bit of progressive blur around the cone to give it a hint of Bokeh, that's it, the rest is really just to try to represent what I see on my LCD screen. But there is still quite a gap between edited and not as you can see on the following picture: (not edited on the left and edited on the right)



P.S. I was still not satisfied as the screen is too high in contrast and saturation, which is good for visibility when used outside but not as a setup for pictures... Hmm... I decided to cut the apple in two mixing both pictures with 50% transparency. The result is visible in the "100 snaps challenge".
I think I will start to look at postprod like Coco Chanel was looking at her creations: “Always take off the last accessory that you put on.”

P.S. nr.2: I also did a very strongly edited version that I just found back (today is Saturday the 4th August).

Cone'helicious (Color Burned Mix):

No comments:

Post a Comment