Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tilt-shift... Fake...

Where to start... Yes, I found another very interesting blog, it is called "31+ days to better photography" (if not done yet, pass the cursor over the name of the blog I just wrote for you and it becomes a link! This is not magic... no, I just learned how to use this blog actually).
So, what did I say... yes, this blog is really nice, but in it, Mr.Peter West Carey speaks about a Compact camera he has or bought for someone - poor memory of mine -and the Miniature function he found there, and: NOT TO USE IT.
Well, I understand his point of view but as often in my life, I did not obey and I am happy I didn't because I learned a lot of things!!! And it was even fun...

First I learned that if it is around noon during a sunny day, the shadows are so strong that it becomes difficult to work around it. And that strong shadows donc look very natural on "miniature style" shots.

Rule nr.1:
YOU SHALL NOT FIGHT AGAINST MOTHER NATURE

Here are some of these shots:


I "Photooshoped" one of them to show how the shadows play against me:


In this other exemple, I went back to take the snap again (when the evil sun was finally covered by the holly clouds). More then just the shadows, notice how all the colors and contrasts are much easier to deal with...


I still have a few things to tell you and write you but time is time, and this is mine... See you in a futur post...

No comments:

Post a Comment